Giving homeless children and their families hope, stability and a futureLearn More
FACTS (for Atlantic County)
- 68% of homeless children are 5 and under in Atlantic County
- In Atlantic County, there are only 11 rooms available for children and their families.
- Of the total of 172 homeless children in these families, 117 were six years or younger and 55 were between the ages of 7 and 17 years of age.
- Out of 746 homeless people in Atlantic County as of 2013, 172 were homeless children.
- The number of children who are homeless has shown an increase of 71.5% in Atlantic County between 2011 and 2013.
- When families were asked what their top needs were on the night of the count the top three needs included: Housing (11.6%); Emergency food or meal assistance (11.6%); and Emergency shelter (9.3%).
HOW CAN I HELP
Giving homeless children and their families hope, stability and a future
FAMILY PROMISE PURPOSE
Family Promise of Atlantic County is a nonprofit organization committed to helping low-income families achieve lasting independence. Networks of congregations and volunteers meet homeless families’ immediate needs for shelter, meals and support.
Family Promise of Atlantic County meets regularly on the last Thursday of each month at 7PM at The Absecon United Methodist Church, 100 Pitney Road, Absecon, NJ. Please join us and become a part of this exciting program. For directions, call 609-646-3271 or use the map below.